Role: Manager, Finance
The Society for Innovation and Development, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore is looking to hire a suitable individual as Manager, Finance on a contract basis.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s in Commerce/Accounts/Business Administration field; MBA preferable. At least 5 years of experience at a senior management level. Proficiency in a well-known accounting/ ERP system(s) is a must.
Age: The candidate should be born after January 1, 1970. This could be relaxed in the case of candidates with exceptional track record.
Compensation Package: Salary will be competitive and commensurate with the qualifications, experience, and suitability of the candidate; to be fixed based on a technical evaluation and interview by the Search and Selection Committee; a part of the salary could be performance-based; in addition, performance-based remuneration enhancements may be fixed by the SID through reviews at regular intervals.
Period of Contract: Initially Three years. Based on the requirement and performance, SID will have the discretion to extend the contract on a yearly/2 yearly basis. The contract can be terminated at any time with one month’s notice on either side.
Other Benefits: Since this is a contractual appointment, benefits available to permanent employees of the Institute will not be applicable. SID provides group health insurance.
Responsibilities and Expectations: The Manager, Finance is entrusted with the following.
To plan SID’s finance strategy and develop effective processes for managing all its finance related operations.
The goal is to grow SID’s revenues to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth.
- Drive SID’s budgeting and financial planning; Prepare annual budgets, forecasts for expenses, and
- Establish IT based processes and direct its use to manage and control all financial transactions and
receivables, deployment and tracking of funds
- Manage the finance IT/ERP system
- Train and guide SID staff on the software systems and procedures
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements, SID policies
- Prepare reports and information for the Governing Board and the auditor
- Ensure availability of appropriate reports and dashboards to relevant stake-holders
- Direct daily management of budget and human resources
- Process monthly payroll
- Manage all details around financial/legal compliance related to SID startups
- Supervise and manage staff reporting to this position
The candidate will report to the Chief Executive of the SID.
Interview of shortlisted candidates: 19-20 November, 2019
Interested candidates are requested to submit their updated CV along with any supporting material and, names and contact numbers of their two most recent employers to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Manager Finance, by end of day of 14th November, 2019.