Society for Innovation and Development (SID), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore requires a Site Architect for its proposed multi-storied office building, to monitor the design and construction process from conception-to-construction-till-occupancy stages.
- Interact with the Chief Executive of SID and prepare detailed space requirements for the proposed new building
- Assist the Chief Executive in preparing a call for an architectural competition by creating necessary documents and drawings required towards this.
- Plan and schedule the competition, and attend to the queries from the participants
- Co-ordinate and communicate for SID to IISc’s Centre for Campus Management and Development, the Architect’s firm, and contractors from the proposal stage till occupancy.
- Monitor the performance of the Contractors, Sub-contractors, and vendors to ensure adherence to the tender specifications, identify and raise any quality issue to the Chief Executive.
- Maintain project records, and document the progress at every stage.
- Review accuracy of calculations, estimates, and certify the quantities and measurements of the bills submitted
- Attend, co-ordinate and schedule project meetings, field reviews, and on-site meetings.
- Identify any needs, concerns or issues related to the project and bring to the notice of the Chief Executive
Desired Candidate Profile:
- B.Arch degree.
- 2-5 years of experience in academic or office building projects.
- Well-rounded knowledge and understanding of architectural standards, regulations, site planning, and structural design.
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD/Revit for preparing drawings, and plotting in appropriate sheet sizes.
- Good working knowledge in Rhino, Adobe Photoshop or other 3D visualization software to create 3D views and renderings.
- Must be skilled in MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Must be proactive, work as per timelines, and be able to carry out tasks independently.
- Must have good managerial skills, and be able to communicate effectively with colleagues.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with the qualifications, experience, and suitability of the candidate; to be fixed based on a technical evaluation and interview by the Search and Selection Committee.
Period of Contract:
Initially Three years. Based on the requirement and performance, SID will have the discretion to extend the contract on a yearly basis. The contract can be terminated at any time with one month’s notice on either side.
Since this is a contractual appointment, benefits available to permanent employees of the Institute will not be applicable.
Interested candidates may apply with their CV and other supporting documents to email@example.com by the 19th of January, 2018.